9 August 2008

really?

today i feel: cranky
today i'm hearing: the washing machine
today i'm thinking: is it next saturday yet? or, like, next year yet?

It's not quite nine thirty yet.

I've been up for an hour already.

During that time, I've been snapped at by my da...three or four times? That sounds about right.

I just want to hole up in my room and study for a good six or seven hours. But no. My grandfather called (which is why I've been up for an hour), and we're going to lunch. With him. And my grandmother. At Top's China Buffet.

I don't know when yet. I went upstairs to figure out when and discovered that, while we started out real strong discussing when we were going to lunch, my parents got distracted looking for recipes in the bowels of the kitchen bookshelf that no one knows about except maybe Paige and were forever lost to figuring out what time we're going to lunch.

So now I'm down here. Attempting to make myself put real pants on.

Or shower.

Or move.

But my door doesn't close.

And my incentive is low.

And I just really don't like real pants anyway.

So I'm whining instead.

Happy Saturday, Kiri. Bloomington appreciates you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no, are you out of town now?!

-erik

As Bjorn said...

I like that, my incentive is low. Ain't it the truth? I also like that remark about the pants. There are days like that in my life. Well. i hope the chinese food was good. I'm in New Hampshire having some fun myself. But, we all miss you, Ms. Kiri. I hope you plan on visiting us this fall. Piper has an entirely new wardrobe to show you. Grandma's been busy. Paige said she'd been talking t you. She, too, is bored where she is. Anxious to get back to the life that is being designed by herself. Aren't we always in that state? Later on you appreciate your relatives, but it takes having your own life that you are secure in to get you there. Take care, old friend. We look forward to seeing you again. Tim