31 July 2008

my parents, they have their religion

today i feel: pretty shitty
today i'm hearing: piano students. oh joy.
today i'm thinking: i want to leave

In an attempt to avoid ranting about family issues, I'm going to keep this rather succinct.

Life in the Palm household has been rather tumultuous since my parents return from Denver. Mum is being an even bigger bitch than usual; Da's been rather on edge (likely due to my mother's state of being); Kiri's been stressed out and panicky about her upcoming physiology exam; and I'm pretty sure everyone wants Kiri to just go back to school now kthnxbai.

I don't honestly think my mother sees me as much more than a dog sitter, entertainment for her rapidly dying parents, and something to prove that she's not completely inept at motherhood.

Currently, my current residence is overrun with hyperactive piano students. They are loud, crude, picking on the birds, and chasing my cat. You can imagine my opinion of these children. Theoretically, I'm supposed to be watching the dog (see above analysis of my mother's ideas of my purpose in life). The only problem is: I can't watch the dog when he's running all over the fuckin' house! The dog is fine, Mother! Leave me out of this!

On Saturday morning, I'm skipping town. I think this is for the best.

1 comment:

As Bjorn said...

You know you are always welcome here in Urbana, though I suppose since we are leaving town next week for two weeks this comes entirely too late. But, nonetheless, you are always welcome in our house Ms. Palm. Anyway, get some space into your life. It will remind you of how much you really like your self. A good thing.