5 June 2008

i'm happy just because

today i feel: okay
today i'm hearing: a new mix for someone's birthday
today i'm thinking: i can be happy right where i am

I know that he's overrated and full of himself and too pretty to be sad, but Bright Eyes always makes me smile. If that makes me a tool, I'm okay with that.

I love working at the gallery. Grant's kind of weird, but it's nice to be around my da more often and to get to know Helen a bit better and learn stuff about antiques from Kyle. Even if I do get sexually harassed by creepy schmucks, it's nice to have something to do. That, and if he keeps it up, Da's gonna press charges. My da is fucking awesome.

(Ask me about the 'What's your name' story sometime. Oh, it's rich.)

I have three chapters left in The Cider House Rules. It's really good. I'm glad John Irving is proving himself to me outside of Garp. I still like Garp better, but that book is very, very special to me. Even if Baby!Sammy did try to eat it. *glares at puppy sitting innocently outside of the door*

Speaking of puppies: we might be getting a new dog. It's not set in stone or anything, but there's been an ad in the Classifieds for about a week now: a three-year-old male Australian Shepherd, free to a good home. I called the number today and left a message on their machine, but I think I'll try them again tomorrow. I think Da's hoping that another dog will help Sammy calm down a bit and be less of a crazy pants. That, and my da is a big softie. Yeah, I know. Everyone's terrified of him. This is something I still don't understand. He's a teddy bear. A big, curmudgeonly teddy bear. Who likes Scotch. A lot.

I like it when people have birthdays. I find all this music I forgot I had. It makes me smile.

Hope you all are well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Australian Shepherds have beards. It's hilarious.

megdc said...

you should read Hotel New Hampshire. and A Prayer for Owen Meany. and Setting Free the Bears. yeah, i went on an irving kick last fall.