31 May 2008

time may change me

today i feel: awesome
today i'm hearing: david bowie -- rebel rebel
today i'm thinking: it's time for a change

So here is my opinion of May: May kind of sucked.

Now, don't get me wrong. There were some pretty awesome parts to May (my last Castle Park adventure, hanging out with Erik, going to Chicago, not having Full Monty, etc.), but as a general rule (and in regard to my overall psychological health), May basically sucked. I am no longer a fan of May. May and I are breaking up.

So today being the last day of May, I decided that I was getting back at the salty bitch that is May. May is not going to be the boss of me. I shall overcome May. And I shall do this by making June as awesome as it can be. June's looking like a pretty hot mama as of now. I've got a new job at the church (HA! HA HA HA!) starting tomorrow, and I'm working at the gallery on Monday. I've got the Kickapoo powwow next weekend and Jubilee (EEEEE!!) a couple weeks later. Paiga is going to be back in the area (More EEEEEE!!!) and I'm planning on heading to Urbana to see her and Tim and Piper and Kimb, which is extra-exciting for me (and hopefully all of them). And, if I play my cards right, I think I'll be able to make it up to Chicago for the beginning part of Father's Day weekend.

June and I? We've got possibilities.

But I've decided to take it one step further. Looking ahead, I can see that come the end of summer, I will be freed from the bonds of teenager-hood: an event I have been looking forward to since the eve of my teenager-hood. I will be, officially, a young adult. G-d bless the tweens. And since I will be entering my post-adolescent idealistic phase and the first terrors of the 'Real World' (capitalised and in scare quotes for full effect), I want to make the very most of it. I want to be, shall we say, happy about it. I want to slap the sluggish whore that is the Kiri of May aside and fall into the awaiting arms of the newer, energetic Kiri of June, becoming lost in the (oddly narcissistic upon second thought) passion therein.

So this morning, I got up. I had a cup of coffee. I took a shower, And I jumped on my almost-brand-new Schwinn Ranger with a full bottle of water and my ears full of David Bowie's mellifluous tones and I rode out to the silos and back. And you know what? It was awesome! The sun was shining and the sky was blue as can be and I sang along to Jean Genie and no one judged me for it. And upon arriving at home, I didn't get pissy. I didn't avoid my mother. I didn't snap at the dog! IT'S A BONA-FIDE MIRACLE! So I'm planning to continue this trend. Because feeling happy about life? It feels pretty good.

Take that, May. Take it like a bitch.

2 comments:

As Bjorn said...

I love your writing. Sometimes you just make me smile and smile. And yes, the three of us in Urbana-ville are looking forward to seeing you and the Remarkable Paige later in the month of June. And to add the goodness of June, it is my birthday month! Yes, another year older and not ready to check out just yet. And you, you turn 20 in July? And Paige in august. I put up some more Piper picts on my blog today. Unfortunately K's bro has asked me to stop posting pics of his kids and of course that prompts me into the position of taking down the Piper posts. I may have to rely on email, to assuage the paranoia that exists. Ah well.

Thanks for the great post. You are so much fun. And riding your bike in the bright summer air is a wonderful thing to do and a perfectly spiritual act, helping the physical to feel, experience, the metaphysical. If you catch my drift (I know its kind of b.s., but it is sincere b.s.)

Paige said...

Yo.

I'm leaving on the 11th.

B.T.W.