26 May 2008

blah blah blah. once, i wrote things of substance. not today.

today i feel: bored
today i'm hearing: oogie and wampus freaking out
today i'm thinking: may has been far too long

Today is Memorial Day here in the U.S. I have no idea what Memorial day is or what it's for or why it exists. I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority on that one.

Writing has become a very therapeutic, regurgitative process. Thus, it lacks any real substance. However, I've noticed that the part of me that's writing is very irritated at the part of me that's living. I feel like this should mean something, but I'm not sure what that would be.

Mum's making a basket. It looks very frustrating.

Lem's trying to eat the birds. He's rather unsuccessful right now.

I'm starting to get tired of doing things for other people, especially when they turn out to be completely pointless efforts. Does this make me a bad person?

Still don't have a job. Phooey.

I wish I knew what the name of this cologne is that I stole from Erik last night. It's delicious. I want it in my life.

I'm supposed to go see Stacy today. I wish it would be one o'clock all-ready so that I could call her.

My newfound existential tendencies are starting to grate on my nerves.

Summer is so much longer than I remember it ever being. I don't think I like it.

I went for a really nice, long walk last night. I think that's the one thing I miss about Central Illinois: endless miles of cornfields to get completely lost in, where everywhere is the same because boundaries don't matter.

I want to go on a trip. Just me and some music and the highway. Maybe I'll bring someone with me. Who wants to go?

I'm almost done with Homicide. I don't know what I'm going to do once I am. Jesus. Suggestions?

And as she floats in the ether of sameness, she ponders the rest of her life.

3 comments:

Paige said...

1) Memorial Day is for dead soldiers. Veteran's Day is for veterans. There is, believe it or not, a difference (though I always give memorial day more street cred).

2) I think I facebook messaged Erik while drunk. This is the closest I've ever come to drinking and dialing. Looking back later it consists entirely of: "Hey. What's up?"

3) I'll go on a trip with you. Please *god* let me go on a trip with you.

4) I want to go home. A lot.

Anonymous said...

escada sentiment. only i don't think they make it any more. you might have some luck at gordman's or tj maxx (where i got mine). OR you just steal some more of mine.

p.s. let's hookah.
p.p.s. yes, that is a verb now.


e
r
i
k

Anonymous said...

Roadtrip Summer 08? Kinda like Roadtrip Summer 07? Except maybe somewhere other than Carbondale. But I couldn't say where. And it could only be a weekend. Yeah...FUN.