29 May 2008

angsty teenage rant post take 374

today i feel: irritated
today i'm hearing: lem crying
today i'm thinking: summer in btown will never. end.

Things I Don't Need To Hear Right Now
(but of course am hearing in the multitudes)

1.) Life advice from my brother.
2.) Poorly played piano.
3.) Criticisms from my mother concerning housework.
4.) Reminders that my parents (especially my mother) will eventually die.
5.) Anything at all that has anything to do with employment or obtaining employment or not possessing employment or that even sounds remotely like the word 'employment' ever.

Jesus! I know! I'm a failure! Whatever! Could you please leave me alone with my room and my cat and this large print edition of The Cider House Rules that I rescued from the stacks at the library?? It's not like I'm in the way or I smell or anything unlike some people I know (cough cough Justin you're a douche cough cough)!

Please G-d let next summer be better than this! At least then I'll be in my post-adolescent idealistic phase.

A future of alcohol abuse looks super promising right now.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Visit me right now.

As Bjorn said...

I'm with Paige, but I guess you'll be doing that in about two weeks, here in Urbana, the urbane central Illinois town. It's hard to deal with your parents once you've gotten used to leading the life you choose. I always tried to keep 500 miles between me and my mother for the sake of our relationship. She was a leetle controlling. Hopefully I don't parent like that. But, life is hard now, things change. Tomorrow is another day (thanks Scarlett). Hang in there. Tim